Tuesday 31 July 2012

Ode to my street

Half a mile to the station

Seven minutes of duration



Broken window, stolen car

Someone sleeping at the back



All the floor, full of bones

Chicken, turkey, parts of phones



Bus smells just like chicken

Pack of fries halfway eaten



Bag of peanuts on the floor

Used trousers; I count four



No wheellie bins, front door with bags

Foxes scavenge while they have a fag



Watch your step in the morning

Piles of s***; just a warning



Is it human, is it dog's?

Not a scene from a catalogue



I saw a man sh*tting round the corner

Fights on the street and professional mourners*



Christmas trees on the curb

I just heard somebody burp

 

It's not bulls*it, all true story

It's my street. All full of glory



But that really is another story










*couldnt find another better word to rhyme with Corner.



No comments:

Post a Comment